Will arrest Jaya if we return to power: Alagiri
Tiruchirappalli (TN): Union Minister and
senior DMK leader MK Alagiri on Thursday warned if his party
returned to power in the state, it would not only arrest
AIADMK chief J Jayalalithaa but also take "strong action"
against police officers who were allegedly filing false cases
against DMK men.
"If we come back to power, we will not only arrest
Jayalalithaa but also take strong action against the
policemen who are filing false cases against DMK men,"
Alagiri, who was here to meet his aide `Attack` Pandi,
imprisoned at the central prison here, told reporters.
"The arrest of DMK men (on false cases) should be included
among the achievements of the AIADMK government in the first
100 days," he added.
Just before Alagiri`s arrival at the central prison, former
Transport Minister and senior DMK leader, K N Nehru, arrested
earlier today, was shifted to Cuddalore prison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore