Will continue to act against land grabbers: TN
Chennai: Ruling AIADMK in Tamil Nadu on Monday reasserted its commitment to continue action against land
grabbing complaints in which many DMK men, including former
ministers have been arrested.
"The Anti-Land Grabbing Cells established in every
district by the state government have benefited innumerable
poor innocent people who were coerced into selling their
lands. Their lands have been restored to them," Governor K
Rosaiah said in his address to the Assembly.
"I reassert this government`s commitment to bring such
land grabbers exploiting the poor and gullible to justice," he
Soon after taking over as Chief Minister last year,
Jayalalithaa had formed the Anti-Land Grabbing Cells in all
districts of the state.
Scores of DMK men, including former ministers and local
strongmen Veerapandi S Arumugam, K N Nehru and K Ponmudy, had
been arrested in this connection in different parts of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter