Will discuss about attending meet convened by Left parties if invited: Karuna
Chennai: Welcoming any political front that would benefit the country, DMK president M Karunanidhi on Thursday claimed his party had not been invited for the October 30 meeting at Delhi convened by the Left parties, but said it would discuss about the participation if invited.
"I welcome any front that is good for India," he said, when reporters sought Karunanidhi`s opinion on a non-Congress, non-BJP Third Front, an initiative taken up by the Left.
The DMK chief, however, said he has not received any invitation so far to attend the meeting.
Asked if he will participate in the meeting if invited, the 90-year-old leader said it would be discussed at the party`s highest decision-making bodies, the Executive and General Council.
Speculation is rife about AIADMK supremo and Chief Minister Jayalalithaa`s participation in the event, who has been reportedly invited but has not officially announced about attending it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad