Will discuss about attending meet convened by Left parties if invited: Karuna
Chennai: Welcoming any political front that would benefit the country, DMK president M Karunanidhi on Thursday claimed his party had not been invited for the October 30 meeting at Delhi convened by the Left parties, but said it would discuss about the participation if invited.
"I welcome any front that is good for India," he said, when reporters sought Karunanidhi`s opinion on a non-Congress, non-BJP Third Front, an initiative taken up by the Left.
The DMK chief, however, said he has not received any invitation so far to attend the meeting.
Asked if he will participate in the meeting if invited, the 90-year-old leader said it would be discussed at the party`s highest decision-making bodies, the Executive and General Council.
Speculation is rife about AIADMK supremo and Chief Minister Jayalalithaa`s participation in the event, who has been reportedly invited but has not officially announced about attending it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling