Will discuss about attending meet convened by Left parties if invited: Karuna
Chennai: Welcoming any political front that would benefit the country, DMK president M Karunanidhi on Thursday claimed his party had not been invited for the October 30 meeting at Delhi convened by the Left parties, but said it would discuss about the participation if invited.
"I welcome any front that is good for India," he said, when reporters sought Karunanidhi`s opinion on a non-Congress, non-BJP Third Front, an initiative taken up by the Left.
The DMK chief, however, said he has not received any invitation so far to attend the meeting.
Asked if he will participate in the meeting if invited,the 90-year-old leader said it would be discussed at the party`s highest decision-making bodies, the Executive and General Council.
Speculation is rife about AIADMK supremo and Chief Minister Jayalalithaa`s participation in the event, who has been reportedly invited but has not officially announced about attending it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees