Will discuss about attending meet convened by Left parties if invited: Karuna
Chennai: Welcoming any political front that would benefit the country, DMK president M Karunanidhi on Thursday claimed his party had not been invited for the October 30 meeting at Delhi convened by the Left parties, but said it would discuss about the participation if invited.
"I welcome any front that is good for India," he said, when reporters sought Karunanidhi`s opinion on a non-Congress, non-BJP Third Front, an initiative taken up by the Left.
The DMK chief, however, said he has not received any invitation so far to attend the meeting.
Asked if he will participate in the meeting if invited,the 90-year-old leader said it would be discussed at the party`s highest decision-making bodies, the Executive and General Council.
Speculation is rife about AIADMK supremo and Chief Minister Jayalalithaa`s participation in the event, who has been reportedly invited but has not officially announced about attending it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Omar Abdullah rubbishes Mehbooba Mufti's claim, says ''she was aware of security encounter with Wani''
- Mainpuri Dalit couple murder: Akhilesh govt assures speedy justice to victim's kin
- Church attacker threatened France in new video
- Australian PM says won't back former leader Rudd for top UN job
- Hillary Clinton unfit to lead US; our way of life is under threat from radical Islam: Donald Trump