Will discuss about attending meet convened by Left parties if invited: Karuna
Chennai: Welcoming any political front that would benefit the country, DMK president M Karunanidhi on Thursday claimed his party had not been invited for the October 30 meeting at Delhi convened by the Left parties, but said it would discuss about the participation if invited.
"I welcome any front that is good for India," he said, when reporters sought Karunanidhi`s opinion on a non-Congress, non-BJP Third Front, an initiative taken up by the Left.
The DMK chief, however, said he has not received any invitation so far to attend the meeting.
Asked if he will participate in the meeting if invited,the 90-year-old leader said it would be discussed at the party`s highest decision-making bodies, the Executive and General Council.
Speculation is rife about AIADMK supremo and Chief Minister Jayalalithaa`s participation in the event, who has been reportedly invited but has not officially announced about attending it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city