‘Will ensure transparency in mutt`s functioning’
Madurai: Controversial self-styled godman, Nityananda, whose appointment as head of the Madurai Adheenam here has triggered a controversy, has said he would ensure complete transparency in the functioning of the ancient Saivite mutt.
Talking to reporters here on Sunday, he challenged other pontiffs in the state to bring similar kind of transparency in their functioning.
He claimed that as many as 50 organisations, including Hindu outfits, have come out in support of his appointment and decided to fight legally against the `Madurai Adheenam Retrival committee` speardheading protests against his appointment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?