‘Will ensure transparency in mutt`s functioning’
Madurai: Controversial self-styled godman, Nityananda, whose appointment as head of the Madurai Adheenam here has triggered a controversy, has said he would ensure complete transparency in the functioning of the ancient Saivite mutt.
Talking to reporters here on Sunday, he challenged other pontiffs in the state to bring similar kind of transparency in their functioning.
He claimed that as many as 50 organisations, including Hindu outfits, have come out in support of his appointment and decided to fight legally against the `Madurai Adheenam Retrival committee` speardheading protests against his appointment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened