‘Will ensure transparency in mutt`s functioning’
Madurai: Controversial self-styled godman, Nityananda, whose appointment as head of the Madurai Adheenam here has triggered a controversy, has said he would ensure complete transparency in the functioning of the ancient Saivite mutt.
Talking to reporters here on Sunday, he challenged other pontiffs in the state to bring similar kind of transparency in their functioning.
He claimed that as many as 50 organisations, including Hindu outfits, have come out in support of his appointment and decided to fight legally against the `Madurai Adheenam Retrival committee` speardheading protests against his appointment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie