Will face 2G case with `right approach`: Kanimozhi
Chennai: DMK MP Kanimozhi on Sunday said she and her party would together face the 2G spectrum case with the "right approach" and hoped she would prove her innocence.
"We will face the case with the right approach and I am hopeful we will come out of it," the 43-year-old daughter of DMK president M Karunanidhi told reporters at her CIT Colony residence here.
Kanimozhi, who was in jail for her alleged role in the 2G case, arrived here on Saturday after getting bail.
Noting that the 88-year-old DMK patriarch was "totally upset" about she being sent to jail, Kanimozhi said she was glad to return to Chennai. "I am very happy to be in Chennai as I have been able to meet all the party supporters at one
place. Their grand welcome gave me resilience".
On Saturday, Kanimozhi returned to Chennai to a rousing reception by the party cadres. She along with her husband Aravindan and son Aditya were received at the airport by Karunanidhi and his son M K Stalin among others.
Kanimozhi was arrested on May 20 by the CBI in connection with payment of Rs 200 crores by the DB Group to DMK-run Kalaignar TV in which she is one of the Directors.
After denial of bail by the trial court, high court and the Supreme Court on earlier occasions, Kanimozhi was finally granted the relief by the High Court on November 28.
Besides Kanimozhi, others granted bail by the high court are Kalaignar TV MD Sharad Kumar, Bollywood filmmaker Karim Morani and Kusegaon Fruits and Vegetables Pvt Ltd directors Rajiv Aggarwal and Asif Balwa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 pre-registrations begins from today
- Kashmir unrest: J&K delegation meets PM Modi; seeks immediate ban on pellet gun
- Cow vigilantism? Man heckled in Mumbai on suspicion of carrying bag made of cowhide
- Jigisha Ghosh murder case: Delhi court pronounces death for two convicts, life in jail for third
- Joint Admission Board forms panel to suggest ways to boost number of women in IITs