Will face 2G case with `right approach`: Kanimozhi
Chennai: DMK MP Kanimozhi on Sunday said she and her party would together face the 2G spectrum case with the "right approach" and hoped she would prove her innocence.
"We will face the case with the right approach and I am hopeful we will come out of it," the 43-year-old daughter of DMK president M Karunanidhi told reporters at her CIT Colony residence here.
Kanimozhi, who was in jail for her alleged role in the 2G case, arrived here on Saturday after getting bail.
Noting that the 88-year-old DMK patriarch was "totally upset" about she being sent to jail, Kanimozhi said she was glad to return to Chennai. "I am very happy to be in Chennai as I have been able to meet all the party supporters at one
place. Their grand welcome gave me resilience".
On Saturday, Kanimozhi returned to Chennai to a rousing reception by the party cadres. She along with her husband Aravindan and son Aditya were received at the airport by Karunanidhi and his son M K Stalin among others.
Kanimozhi was arrested on May 20 by the CBI in connection with payment of Rs 200 crores by the DB Group to DMK-run Kalaignar TV in which she is one of the Directors.
After denial of bail by the trial court, high court and the Supreme Court on earlier occasions, Kanimozhi was finally granted the relief by the High Court on November 28.
Besides Kanimozhi, others granted bail by the high court are Kalaignar TV MD Sharad Kumar, Bollywood filmmaker Karim Morani and Kusegaon Fruits and Vegetables Pvt Ltd directors Rajiv Aggarwal and Asif Balwa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon