Will face defamation case, says M Karunanidhi
Chennai: DMK Chief M Karunanidhi on Tuesday hit out at his arch rival and Chief Minister Jayalalithaa for filing a defamation case against him for his comments for her stay at Kodanad and said he would face the case.
The DMK chief said the case would bring out some answers regarding her stay at the hill station.
In a letter to partymen, he rued that cases had been filed not just against him but also his son MK Stalin, Opposition Leader Vijayakant, PMK founder Dr S Ramadoss and some media houses by Jayalalithaa, despite freedom of expression.
He also listed out the criticism of him by Jayalalithaa when he was Chief Minister besides her strong remarks against various leaders, including UPA Chairpeson Sonia Gandhi and BJP veterans A B Vajpayee and LK Advani.
"I am prepared to face the case. Let it come (before a court). It will also bring answers to various questions as to whom it (the property) belongs and whether travel expenses of Ministers visiting her were met from people`s money or it was their own money," among others, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi