Will retrieve Wakf Board properties under DMK control: Jaya
Ramanathapuram (TN): AIADMK supremo J
Jayalalithaa on Wednesday assured she would retrieve all Wakf
properties that she said were "under the control of the DMK
men" and give it back to the Board.
Addressing a series of election meetings in the district,
Jayalalithaa said "all help would be extended" to the Muslim
pilgrims wanting to undertake Haj.
Similarly, the Christians and the Hindus would also be
helped to visit holy places, she said.
Flaying the family of Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M
Karunanidhi, Jayalalithaa alleged even families where
"generations of people had worked hard" had not amassed as
much wealth as the DMK chief`s family. Even the ministers and
other leaders of the DMK government had amassed wealth to an
"unimaginable level", she alleged.
Charging that the entire state was "in the grip of a
single family", she said the April 13 Assembly elections was
the "only chance to free the state". A change of government
was the need of the hour to put an end to factors such as
rowdyism, smuggling of sand and deterioration of the law and
order, she said.
The AIADMK chief also assured that if elected to power, a
ring road would come up at Paramakudi to decongest the
traffic. Underground drainage would also be implemented in
Paramakudi, she promised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city