Will retrieve Wakf Board properties under DMK control: Jaya
Ramanathapuram (TN): AIADMK supremo J
Jayalalithaa on Wednesday assured she would retrieve all Wakf
properties that she said were "under the control of the DMK
men" and give it back to the Board.
Addressing a series of election meetings in the district,
Jayalalithaa said "all help would be extended" to the Muslim
pilgrims wanting to undertake Haj.
Similarly, the Christians and the Hindus would also be
helped to visit holy places, she said.
Flaying the family of Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M
Karunanidhi, Jayalalithaa alleged even families where
"generations of people had worked hard" had not amassed as
much wealth as the DMK chief`s family. Even the ministers and
other leaders of the DMK government had amassed wealth to an
"unimaginable level", she alleged.
Charging that the entire state was "in the grip of a
single family", she said the April 13 Assembly elections was
the "only chance to free the state". A change of government
was the need of the hour to put an end to factors such as
rowdyism, smuggling of sand and deterioration of the law and
order, she said.
The AIADMK chief also assured that if elected to power, a
ring road would come up at Paramakudi to decongest the
traffic. Underground drainage would also be implemented in
Paramakudi, she promised.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living