Woman advocate marries life convict
Chennai: It was wedding bells for a life convict in a murder case, who married a 27-year-old woman advocate here on Sunday with the Madras High Court granting necessary permission and 10 days leave for the groom.
Families and friends of the bride Aruna and bridegroom Somasundaram attended the wedding at a marriage hall in Vysarpadi here and blessed the couple, sources said.
The bride had earlier filed a petition in the Court and sought special leave for a month from prison for her groom, after which a Division Bench passed the order, granting Somasundaram 10 day leave.
Somasundaram was released yesterday from Puzhal prison and has to return on February 10 by 7 PM. He would also be provided necessary escort for his safety and security during the leave period, according to the court order.
Somasundaram, who is distantly related to Aruna, has met her many times in prison. While he along with others are found guilty in a murder case, their appeals are pending before the Supreme Court.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory