Woman advocate marries life convict
Chennai: It was wedding bells for a life convict in a murder case, who married a 27-year-old woman advocate here on Sunday with the Madras High Court granting necessary permission and 10 days leave for the groom.
Families and friends of the bride Aruna and bridegroom Somasundaram attended the wedding at a marriage hall in Vysarpadi here and blessed the couple, sources said.
The bride had earlier filed a petition in the Court and sought special leave for a month from prison for her groom, after which a Division Bench passed the order, granting Somasundaram 10 day leave.
Somasundaram was released yesterday from Puzhal prison and has to return on February 10 by 7 PM. He would also be provided necessary escort for his safety and security during the leave period, according to the court order.
Somasundaram, who is distantly related to Aruna, has met her many times in prison. While he along with others are found guilty in a murder case, their appeals are pending before the Supreme Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic