Woman advocate marries life convict
Chennai: It was wedding bells for a life convict in a murder case, who married a 27-year-old woman advocate here on Sunday with the Madras High Court granting necessary permission and 10 days leave for the groom.
Families and friends of the bride Aruna and bridegroom Somasundaram attended the wedding at a marriage hall in Vysarpadi here and blessed the couple, sources said.
The bride had earlier filed a petition in the Court and sought special leave for a month from prison for her groom, after which a Division Bench passed the order, granting Somasundaram 10 day leave.
Somasundaram was released yesterday from Puzhal prison and has to return on February 10 by 7 PM. He would also be provided necessary escort for his safety and security during the leave period, according to the court order.
Somasundaram, who is distantly related to Aruna, has met her many times in prison. While he along with others are found guilty in a murder case, their appeals are pending before the Supreme Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested