Woman advocate marries life convict
Chennai: It was wedding bells for a life convict in a murder case, who married a 27-year-old woman advocate here on Sunday with the Madras High Court granting necessary permission and 10 days leave for the groom.
Families and friends of the bride Aruna and bridegroom Somasundaram attended the wedding at a marriage hall in Vysarpadi here and blessed the couple, sources said.
The bride had earlier filed a petition in the Court and sought special leave for a month from prison for her groom, after which a Division Bench passed the order, granting Somasundaram 10 day leave.
Somasundaram was released yesterday from Puzhal prison and has to return on February 10 by 7 PM. He would also be provided necessary escort for his safety and security during the leave period, according to the court order.
Somasundaram, who is distantly related to Aruna, has met her many times in prison. While he along with others are found guilty in a murder case, their appeals are pending before the Supreme Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video