Woman BJP functionary found murdered at residence
Salem: A woman BJP functionary was found murdered at her residence at Agapuram area and her six sovereign gold chain stolen, police said.
They said the 63-year-old woman`s grandchildren spotted her dead body in the bathroom when they returned from school last evening and alerted their neighbours, who in turn informed police and her son and daughter.
Her tenants, two transgenders, are suspected to be involved as a sniffer dog went upto their flat and stopped there.
Three teams have been formed to track down the culprits, police said.
- PM Modi to launch solar-powered boats in Varanasi today, visit to Ballia also on cards
- Uttarakhand forest fire: Director of Delhi's Fire Dept to visit hill state today, govt to press MI-17 choppers; at least 6 dead
- First phase of NEET examination today as Supreme Court says allow exam to be held
- Andhra Pradesh to become first 'Open Defecation Free' state
- SC, ST promotions: Shivraj Singh-led government to move Supreme Court