Woman BJP functionary found murdered at residence
Salem: A woman BJP functionary was found murdered at her residence at Agapuram area and her six sovereign gold chain stolen, police said.
They said the 63-year-old woman`s grandchildren spotted her dead body in the bathroom when they returned from school last evening and alerted their neighbours, who in turn informed police and her son and daughter.
Her tenants, two transgenders, are suspected to be involved as a sniffer dog went upto their flat and stopped there.
Three teams have been formed to track down the culprits, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today