Woman, daughter wounded in acid attack in Tamil Nadu
Chennai: A dispute over a property turned violent in Tamil Nadu Wednesday as a 24-year-old man attacked a woman neighbour and her daughter with acid injuring both of them, said police. The accused has been arrested.
The acid attack comes a day after the central government laid down stringent norms for acid sales.
K. Sundaram attacked Chidambarammal and her young daughter Seetha Wednesday over a dispute involving the boundary wall between their houses in Tirunelveli district, around 650 km from here.
The mother and the daughter have been admitted to hospital while Sundaram has been arrested, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highest paid actress or not? Kangana Ranaut charged Rs 3 cr for 'Rangoon'
- PM Modi to launch BJP govt's two-year anniversary celebrations, releases 'Transforming India' anthem's video
- 7th Pay Commission: Doctors in govt hospitals in Delhi go on strike
- Jacqueline Fernandez oozes sensuality in plunging neckline – See Pics
- Africa Day event to be held today after India allays 'Afrophobia' fears: Report