Woman, daughter wounded in acid attack in Tamil Nadu
Chennai: A dispute over a property turned violent in Tamil Nadu Wednesday as a 24-year-old man attacked a woman neighbour and her daughter with acid injuring both of them, said police. The accused has been arrested.
The acid attack comes a day after the central government laid down stringent norms for acid sales.
K. Sundaram attacked Chidambarammal and her young daughter Seetha Wednesday over a dispute involving the boundary wall between their houses in Tirunelveli district, around 650 km from here.
The mother and the daughter have been admitted to hospital while Sundaram has been arrested, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city