Woman, daughter wounded in acid attack in Tamil Nadu
Chennai: A dispute over a property turned violent in Tamil Nadu Wednesday as a 24-year-old man attacked a woman neighbour and her daughter with acid injuring both of them, said police. The accused has been arrested.
The acid attack comes a day after the central government laid down stringent norms for acid sales.
K. Sundaram attacked Chidambarammal and her young daughter Seetha Wednesday over a dispute involving the boundary wall between their houses in Tirunelveli district, around 650 km from here.
The mother and the daughter have been admitted to hospital while Sundaram has been arrested, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town