Woman files petition against former DMK minister
Madurai: A woman has moved the Madras High Court Bench here, charging former DMK Minister K N Nehru and his late brother with forcibly grabbing her hotel in Thanjavur.
Petitioner K Nagarani submitted that a close relative of Nehru had approached her seeking to buy the hotel after she was unable to pay back the bank loan availed for building it.
Though she agreed to the other option of giving the hotel on a three-year lease on payment of Rs five crore, the man and some registration department officials cheated her and forcibly obtained her signatures on a document which she later came to know was a sale deed.
She was paid Rs one lakh in cash and given a cheque for Rs 11.25 lakh. When she demanded the balance she was threatened with dire consequences.
She accused police of not acting on her complaint given on December 2, 2011.
She sought a court direction to police to register a case under various sections of the IPC and proceed further.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say