Woman files petition against former DMK minister
Madurai: A woman has moved the Madras High Court Bench here, charging former DMK Minister K N Nehru and his late brother with forcibly grabbing her hotel in Thanjavur.
Petitioner K Nagarani submitted that a close relative of Nehru had approached her seeking to buy the hotel after she was unable to pay back the bank loan availed for building it.
Though she agreed to the other option of giving the hotel on a three-year lease on payment of Rs five crore, the man and some registration department officials cheated her and forcibly obtained her signatures on a document which she later came to know was a sale deed.
She was paid Rs one lakh in cash and given a cheque for Rs 11.25 lakh. When she demanded the balance she was threatened with dire consequences.
She accused police of not acting on her complaint given on December 2, 2011.
She sought a court direction to police to register a case under various sections of the IPC and proceed further.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured