Woman files petition against former DMK minister
Madurai: A woman has moved the Madras High Court Bench here, charging former DMK Minister K N Nehru and his late brother with forcibly grabbing her hotel in Thanjavur.
Petitioner K Nagarani submitted that a close relative of Nehru had approached her seeking to buy the hotel after she was unable to pay back the bank loan availed for building it.
Though she agreed to the other option of giving the hotel on a three-year lease on payment of Rs five crore, the man and some registration department officials cheated her and forcibly obtained her signatures on a document which she later came to know was a sale deed.
She was paid Rs one lakh in cash and given a cheque for Rs 11.25 lakh. When she demanded the balance she was threatened with dire consequences.
She accused police of not acting on her complaint given on December 2, 2011.
She sought a court direction to police to register a case under various sections of the IPC and proceed further.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony