Woman Inspector, SI suspended for failure to book rape case
Salem (Tamil Nadu): A woman police inspector and sub-inspector were today suspended for allegedly demanding a bribe of Rs 10,000 to register a case on the recent rape of a minor girl allegedly by an auto driver here.
City Police Commissioner K.C.Mahalee told today that he has ordered the suspension of inspector Jayam and sub-inspector Ramana of the all-Women police station following an inquiry. According to the Commissioner, the 13-year old girl was allegedly raped by autodriver Elumalai late last month.
When the girl`s mother approached the all-women police station to lodge a complaint, the Inspector and the SI refused to register an FIR and demanded Rs 10,000.
After the woman informed higher police officials, the girl was sent for medical examination which confirmed she was raped. A case was registered three days after the incident on October 20 and the accused arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test