Woman Inspector, SI suspended for failure to book rape case
Salem (Tamil Nadu): A woman police inspector and sub-inspector were today suspended for allegedly demanding a bribe of Rs 10,000 to register a case on the recent rape of a minor girl allegedly by an auto driver here.
City Police Commissioner K.C.Mahalee told today that he has ordered the suspension of inspector Jayam and sub-inspector Ramana of the all-Women police station following an inquiry. According to the Commissioner, the 13-year old girl was allegedly raped by autodriver Elumalai late last month.
When the girl`s mother approached the all-women police station to lodge a complaint, the Inspector and the SI refused to register an FIR and demanded Rs 10,000.
After the woman informed higher police officials, the girl was sent for medical examination which confirmed she was raped. A case was registered three days after the incident on October 20 and the accused arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what