Woman Inspector, SI suspended for failure to book rape case
Salem (Tamil Nadu): A woman police inspector and sub-inspector were today suspended for allegedly demanding a bribe of Rs 10,000 to register a case on the recent rape of a minor girl allegedly by an auto driver here.
City Police Commissioner K.C.Mahalee told today that he has ordered the suspension of inspector Jayam and sub-inspector Ramana of the all-Women police station following an inquiry. According to the Commissioner, the 13-year old girl was allegedly raped by autodriver Elumalai late last month.
When the girl`s mother approached the all-women police station to lodge a complaint, the Inspector and the SI refused to register an FIR and demanded Rs 10,000.
After the woman informed higher police officials, the girl was sent for medical examination which confirmed she was raped. A case was registered three days after the incident on October 20 and the accused arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray