Women, two children consume poison at Collectorate
Udhagamandalam (Tamil Nadu): A 31-year-old woman and her two children were admitted to the Government Hospital here o n Monday, after they consumed poison-laced soft drinks on the premises of the District Collectorate.
According to police, the woman has lodged a complaint with two police stations, including All Women Police Station in Devala near Gudalur, about 80 KMs from here, that her estranged husband, a habitual drunkard and his friends, were threatenning and passing comments to her 13-year daughter to sexually abuse her, on her way to school daily.
Since no action was taken by police, she decided to submit a memorandum to the district collector on weekly grievance day today, they said.
As there was some delay in processing the memorandum, the woman gave poison laced soft drinks to her 13-year-old daughter and 7-year-old and consumed self.
People, who saw the three writhing in pain on the steps, with foam coming out of mouth, immediately rushed them to Government hospital, where the condition of the woman is said to be serious.
Other two are being treated and condition said to be stable, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah