Women, two children consume poison at Collectorate
Udhagamandalam (Tamil Nadu): A 31-year-old woman and her two children were admitted to the Government Hospital here o n Monday, after they consumed poison-laced soft drinks on the premises of the District Collectorate.
According to police, the woman has lodged a complaint with two police stations, including All Women Police Station in Devala near Gudalur, about 80 KMs from here, that her estranged husband, a habitual drunkard and his friends, were threatenning and passing comments to her 13-year daughter to sexually abuse her, on her way to school daily.
Since no action was taken by police, she decided to submit a memorandum to the district collector on weekly grievance day today, they said.
As there was some delay in processing the memorandum, the woman gave poison laced soft drinks to her 13-year-old daughter and 7-year-old and consumed self.
People, who saw the three writhing in pain on the steps, with foam coming out of mouth, immediately rushed them to Government hospital, where the condition of the woman is said to be serious.
Other two are being treated and condition said to be stable, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- Preity Zinta to tie the knot this Valentine?