Women`s wing seek capital punishment for the accused
Coimbatore: DMK women`s wing on Tuesday staged a demonstration in the city and sought capital punishment for all five accused allegedly involved in the recent gang-rape of a 13-year old girl in the city.
About 60 worker shouted slogans against the five and beat photographs they were carrying of the accused with broomsticks and slippers, police said.
Meanwhile, the victim was reportedly medically examined today, but police and district officials refused to divulge details.
Five persons, including the 58-year old maternal uncle of the girl and a 70-year old man, were arrested last week on charges of sexually assaulting the girl for over one month and threatening her not to tell anyone about it.
The crime came to light after the girl approached the police commissioner and lodged a complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'