Women`s wing seek capital punishment for the accused
Coimbatore: DMK women`s wing on Tuesday staged a demonstration in the city and sought capital punishment for all five accused allegedly involved in the recent gang-rape of a 13-year old girl in the city.
About 60 worker shouted slogans against the five and beat photographs they were carrying of the accused with broomsticks and slippers, police said.
Meanwhile, the victim was reportedly medically examined today, but police and district officials refused to divulge details.
Five persons, including the 58-year old maternal uncle of the girl and a 70-year old man, were arrested last week on charges of sexually assaulting the girl for over one month and threatening her not to tell anyone about it.
The crime came to light after the girl approached the police commissioner and lodged a complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves