Women`s wing seek capital punishment for the accused
Coimbatore: DMK women`s wing on Tuesday staged a demonstration in the city and sought capital punishment for all five accused allegedly involved in the recent gang-rape of a 13-year old girl in the city.
About 60 worker shouted slogans against the five and beat photographs they were carrying of the accused with broomsticks and slippers, police said.
Meanwhile, the victim was reportedly medically examined today, but police and district officials refused to divulge details.
Five persons, including the 58-year old maternal uncle of the girl and a 70-year old man, were arrested last week on charges of sexually assaulting the girl for over one month and threatening her not to tell anyone about it.
The crime came to light after the girl approached the police commissioner and lodged a complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family