Won`t allow Raja to be made scapegoat: Karunanidhi
Chennai: DMK president M.Karunanidhi Thursday said the party will not allow anybody to make former telecom minister and party leader A.Raja a scapegoat in the 2G allocation scam.
Asked by reporters about speculation that the Congress would like to make Raja a scapegoat by not offering DMK a membership on the Joint Parliamentary Committee (JPC) probing the scam, Karunanidhi said: "We will not make anybody a scapegoat. We will not allow anybody else to make Raja a scapegoat."
To the question as to why the DMK did not recommend any name for the JPC, he said: "The membership on JPC is offered to a party based on its strength in the Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha. The JPC is about to submit its report and there should not be any problem for that."
Two vacancies arose in the JPC after the retirement of DMK`s Trichi N. Siva and the resignation of Congress member E.M. Sudarsana Natchiappan on becoming a union minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?