Won`t allow Raja to be made scapegoat: Karunanidhi
Chennai: DMK president M.Karunanidhi Thursday said the party will not allow anybody to make former telecom minister and party leader A.Raja a scapegoat in the 2G allocation scam.
Asked by reporters about speculation that the Congress would like to make Raja a scapegoat by not offering DMK a membership on the Joint Parliamentary Committee (JPC) probing the scam, Karunanidhi said: "We will not make anybody a scapegoat. We will not allow anybody else to make Raja a scapegoat."
To the question as to why the DMK did not recommend any name for the JPC, he said: "The membership on JPC is offered to a party based on its strength in the Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha. The JPC is about to submit its report and there should not be any problem for that."
Two vacancies arose in the JPC after the retirement of DMK`s Trichi N. Siva and the resignation of Congress member E.M. Sudarsana Natchiappan on becoming a union minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'