Wreath laying ceremony marks Infantry Day celebrations
Udhgamandalam (TN): A solemn but impressive wreath laying ceremony at the War Memorial of the Madras Regimental Centre (MRC) marked the Infantry day celebrations at nearby Wellington on Sunday.
Maj.Gen. Rajan Ravindran, Chief Instructor, Defence Service Staff College, Wellington, and Brig. S Suresh Kumar, Garrison Commandant, led the serving and retired senior officials and soldiers in laying wreaths in the honour of those who made their supreme sacrifice in the nation`s service.
As part of the celebrations, MRC launched a massive tree planting programme, in which 1,000 saplings were planted to beautify the Community D Centre area.
Being a centennial birth anniversity of Late Field Marshal, SFHJ Manekshaw, the Centre also conducted a `Manekshaw Memorial Skecth Competition,` in which 100 students from various schools in the Nilgiris District participated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore