Wreath laying ceremony marks Infantry Day celebrations
Udhgamandalam (TN): A solemn but impressive wreath laying ceremony at the War Memorial of the Madras Regimental Centre (MRC) marked the Infantry day celebrations at nearby Wellington on Sunday.
Maj.Gen. Rajan Ravindran, Chief Instructor, Defence Service Staff College, Wellington, and Brig. S Suresh Kumar, Garrison Commandant, led the serving and retired senior officials and soldiers in laying wreaths in the honour of those who made their supreme sacrifice in the nation`s service.
As part of the celebrations, MRC launched a massive tree planting programme, in which 1,000 saplings were planted to beautify the Community D Centre area.
Being a centennial birth anniversity of Late Field Marshal, SFHJ Manekshaw, the Centre also conducted a `Manekshaw Memorial Skecth Competition,` in which 100 students from various schools in the Nilgiris District participated.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Will never talk about my personal life, boyfriend: Sonam Kapoor
- PeeCee's day out! Priyanka Chopra spends candid time with besties – Pictures inside
- WATCH: Gujarat Lions' mystery spinner Shivil Kaushik reminded us of Paul Adams - Here's why!
- CISCE ICSE Class 10, ISC Class 12 Examinations Results 2016 to be announced on May 6 at 3 pm
- Photo alert! Imran Khan and wife Avantika Malik party with Ranbir Kapoor