‘Wrong’ widow given Rajiv Gandhi’s death certificate
Chennai: In a major gaffe, the sub-registrar office in Sriperumbudur reportedly issued the death certificate of former PM Rajiv Gandhi to one Sabeen Firdous from Hyderabad, claiming to be her widow.
As the administration realised the blunder, B Natarajan, the record clerk was transferred with immediate effect, as per Times of India report.
After the incident, a departmental probe has been ordered to look into the procedures that were followed to issue the certificate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter