‘Wrong’ widow given Rajiv Gandhi’s death certificate
Chennai: In a major gaffe, the sub-registrar office in Sriperumbudur reportedly issued the death certificate of former PM Rajiv Gandhi to one Sabeen Firdous from Hyderabad, claiming to be her widow.
As the administration realised the blunder, B Natarajan, the record clerk was transferred with immediate effect, as per Times of India report.
After the incident, a departmental probe has been ordered to look into the procedures that were followed to issue the certificate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'