‘Wrong’ widow given Rajiv Gandhi’s death certificate
Chennai: In a major gaffe, the sub-registrar office in Sriperumbudur reportedly issued the death certificate of former PM Rajiv Gandhi to one Sabeen Firdous from Hyderabad, claiming to be her widow.
As the administration realised the blunder, B Natarajan, the record clerk was transferred with immediate effect, as per Times of India report.
After the incident, a departmental probe has been ordered to look into the procedures that were followed to issue the certificate.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference