‘Wrong’ widow given Rajiv Gandhi’s death certificate
Chennai: In a major gaffe, the sub-registrar office in Sriperumbudur reportedly issued the death certificate of former PM Rajiv Gandhi to one Sabeen Firdous from Hyderabad, claiming to be her widow.
As the administration realised the blunder, B Natarajan, the record clerk was transferred with immediate effect, as per Times of India report.
After the incident, a departmental probe has been ordered to look into the procedures that were followed to issue the certificate.
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- JNUSU president Kanhaiya Kumar's bail may be cancelled by Delhi High Court - Know why
- Prashant Bhushan takes dig at Smriti Irani, says 'Will HRD be renamed Hindu Rashtra Development Ministry?'
- Japan gives up on failed black hole research satellite
- Notice issued to Priyanka Gandhi Vadra over her land deal in Shimla
- PM Modi tests performance of BJP MPs on social media; Sushma Swaraj emerges star performer