Young widow arrested for torturing 3-year-old son in Tamil Nadu
Salem: A 23-year old woman was on Friday arrested in the district on the charge of torturing her three-year old son, police said.
Two days ago, Prema handed over the boy to the father of her husband, who died in 2012. The grandfather, Murugesan, found a number of burn injuries on the body of the child.
Murugesan of Mullaivadi lodged a complaint with police which arrested Prema under various IPC sections and produced her before a court in Attur.
She was remanded to judicial custody for 15 days, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover set floor ablaze with killer moves at wedding reception – Watch here
- Petrol, diesel-run cabs banned from Delhi-NCR roads from today
- Wealth from waste: A novel Indian biotech solution
- IAF chopper sprinkles water to douse Uttarakhand forest fires; Rajnath Singh reviews situation
- China may reconsider stand on Pakistani terrorists Hafiz Saeed, Masood Azhar?