Youth crushed to death by lorry
Tirunelveli: Days after an IPS officer was killed allegedly by the mining mafia in Madhya Pradesh, a young man met a similar fate at Tisyanvilai here on Sunday when he reportedly tried to stop lorry carrying illegally quarried sand from a river.
21-year-old Satish Kumar was run over by the lorry carrying sand from the river bed when he tried to block its path along with 20 villagers, police said.
The villagers, fearing for their lives, fled the scene after the incident, they said.
The lorry driver has been arrested and a murder case filed against him and the vehicle owner, an AIADMK councilor of Nanguneri panchayat, police said.
On March 8, 30-year-old IPS officer Narendra Kumar Singh was crushed under the wheels of a tractor-trolley driven by an alleged member of the mining mafia in Madhya Pradesh`s Morena district when he tried to stop the vehicle carrying stones.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi