Zonal cancer treatment centres at Madurai, Coimbatore
Chennai: The Tamil Nadu government today announced setting up of Zonal Cancer Treatment Centres at Madurai and Coimbatore with Chief Minister Jayalalithaa sanctioning over Rs 28 crore for this purpose.
The Centres would come up at Madurai Rajaji General Hospital and Coimbatore Medical College and Hospital. New equipment would be procured while separate buildings to house the Centres will also come up, funds for which will be utilised from the Rs 28.63 crore allocated by the government.
New vacancies will also be created and the initiative was part of the government`s effort to ensure delivery of modern medical treatment to the poor, an official press release said.
Jayalalithaa also sanctioned Rs 9.70 crore for the King Institute of Preventive Medicine and Research in Chennai to establish a Tissue Bank.
She also allocated Rs 1.20 crore towards a Centre-State initiative on Cardio Vascular diseases, which will be utilised to buy necessary medical equipment for Thanjavur Medical College and Hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery