Anti-Telangana content offends KCR, two Telugu TV new channels blacked out
Zee Media Bureau
Hyderabad: Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao reportedly ordered to black out two prominent Telugu TV news channels after allegedly being offended by the `anti-Telangana` contents aired on them, reports said on Monday.
According to reports, few channels like TV9 and ABN Andhrajyothi commented on Telangana leaders when KCR was taking oath as the first Chief Minister of Telangana on June 2.
Reportedly, the channels used some degrading words to describe Telangana leaders who were elected by the people which offended KCR.
Later, realising their mistake, the said TV channels tendered an apology and also stopped airing those programs but Telangana CM gathered all proofs against the channels and fired on them in the Assembly session.
Meanwhile, the journalists and staffers of the news channels organised a protest march here today, demanding CM`s intervention to lift the blackout.
However, the newly formed Telangana government claims that they have not issued any order to black out the channels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- With Isak Swu gone, Naga peace accord won't be easy
- Britain wins Brexit breathing space at gloomy EU summit
- Turkish PM says first signs in Istanbul attack point to IS
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets