Anti-Telangana content offends KCR, two Telugu TV new channels blacked out
Zee Media Bureau
Hyderabad: Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao reportedly ordered to black out two prominent Telugu TV news channels after allegedly being offended by the `anti-Telangana` contents aired on them, reports said on Monday.
According to reports, few channels like TV9 and ABN Andhrajyothi commented on Telangana leaders when KCR was taking oath as the first Chief Minister of Telangana on June 2.
Reportedly, the channels used some degrading words to describe Telangana leaders who were elected by the people which offended KCR.
Later, realising their mistake, the said TV channels tendered an apology and also stopped airing those programs but Telangana CM gathered all proofs against the channels and fired on them in the Assembly session.
Meanwhile, the journalists and staffers of the news channels organised a protest march here today, demanding CM`s intervention to lift the blackout.
However, the newly formed Telangana government claims that they have not issued any order to black out the channels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army kills 35 terrorists in surgical strikes across LoC
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’