BJP finds fault with TRS govt on fees reimbursement issue
Hyderabad: Finding fault with the TRS government in Telangana over the students` tuition fees reimbursement issue, state BJP president G Kishan Reddy today wondered how would students obtain certificates proving their nativity before 1956, as laid down in a new scheme.
The Telangana government has recently decided to introduce a new scheme `Financial Assistance to Students of Telangana` (FAST) and the students should be natives of Telangana before 1956 to benefit from the scheme.
"Records are not available in many villages on pre-1956 period. There was no awareness. Only some forward communities had lands those days. Many, especially those belonging to weaker sections, do not have records," Reddy told reporters here.
He said the tuition fees reimbursement scheme has enabled thousands of poor students to go for higher education in the last several years.
Agreeing that there are certain loopholes in the tuition fees reimbursement scheme, he said it is the responsibility of the government to get them rectified.
"Fees reimbursement should be given to Telangana students," he said in reply to a query. Reddy said BJP President Amit Shah would visit Hyderabad, tentatively in the third week of August.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video