BJP finds fault with TRS govt on fees reimbursement issue
Hyderabad: Finding fault with the TRS government in Telangana over the students` tuition fees reimbursement issue, state BJP president G Kishan Reddy today wondered how would students obtain certificates proving their nativity before 1956, as laid down in a new scheme.
The Telangana government has recently decided to introduce a new scheme `Financial Assistance to Students of Telangana` (FAST) and the students should be natives of Telangana before 1956 to benefit from the scheme.
"Records are not available in many villages on pre-1956 period. There was no awareness. Only some forward communities had lands those days. Many, especially those belonging to weaker sections, do not have records," Reddy told reporters here.
He said the tuition fees reimbursement scheme has enabled thousands of poor students to go for higher education in the last several years.
Agreeing that there are certain loopholes in the tuition fees reimbursement scheme, he said it is the responsibility of the government to get them rectified.
"Fees reimbursement should be given to Telangana students," he said in reply to a query. Reddy said BJP President Amit Shah would visit Hyderabad, tentatively in the third week of August.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj