BJP finds fault with TRS govt on fees reimbursement issue
Hyderabad: Finding fault with the TRS government in Telangana over the students` tuition fees reimbursement issue, state BJP president G Kishan Reddy today wondered how would students obtain certificates proving their nativity before 1956, as laid down in a new scheme.
The Telangana government has recently decided to introduce a new scheme `Financial Assistance to Students of Telangana` (FAST) and the students should be natives of Telangana before 1956 to benefit from the scheme.
"Records are not available in many villages on pre-1956 period. There was no awareness. Only some forward communities had lands those days. Many, especially those belonging to weaker sections, do not have records," Reddy told reporters here.
He said the tuition fees reimbursement scheme has enabled thousands of poor students to go for higher education in the last several years.
Agreeing that there are certain loopholes in the tuition fees reimbursement scheme, he said it is the responsibility of the government to get them rectified.
"Fees reimbursement should be given to Telangana students," he said in reply to a query. Reddy said BJP President Amit Shah would visit Hyderabad, tentatively in the third week of August.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India