Helpline set up to aid Telangana people in Iraq, if any
Hyderabad: Telangana Government on Tuesday asked the district collectors to find out if anybody from the state is stranded in strife-torn Iraq and has also set up a helpline to provide assistance to families of such people.
The government in a communication instructed all district collectors to find out if anyone from the state is trapped in that country.
"Please collect details and encourage families to give details such as name, passport number, location in Iraq, company working for, local address in Iraq, contact numbers and any other useful information so as to enable the Telangana government to get in touch with MEA, New Delhi, and Indian Mission in Baghdad for further assistance," a government note said.
The collectors are requested to take necessary action for notifying the same and to ensure that all possible assistance is rendered to the families of those trapped in Iraq, it further said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!