Hyderabad Habitat Centre, `hanging bridge` in offing
Hyderabad: The Telangana government is working towards setting up a Hyderabad Habitat Centre on the lines of the one in New Delhi and also a `hanging bridge` across Durgam Cheruvu lake here.
Speaking to reporters on the sidelines of `Happening Hyderabad campaign event, Telangana Information Technology Minister K Taraka Rama Rao said, "we are working on Hyderabad Habitat Centre, with an investment outlay of more than Rs 100 crore and a Theatre District will be part of it."
The minister was responding to a request by theatre personality Mohd Ali Baig, earlier during the event, who sought for a dedicated and devoted theatre space in the city on the lines of New Delhi, Bangalore and other cities.
The Hyderabad Metropolitan Development Authority (HMDA) had last year planned on setting up a Hyderabad Habitat Centre (HHC) on 11-acre site at Khanamet.
To a query, the minister said efforts will be made to make the proposed Hyderabad Habitat Centre better than Delhi`s Indian Habitat Centre.
"It will be probably better than Indian Habitat Centre," he said.
Referring to the `hanging bridge` project, Rama Rao said it is a wonderful concept which has been in the offing for quite some time but not yet taken off.
"We are thinking of building a `hanging bridge` across Durgam Cheruvu lake (in the upscale locality near Hitec city). It is going to be a beautiful landmark structure. It will be a unique and one-of-its kind in our city," Rama Rao said.
The minister further said the bridge is in the planning stages and the Telangana State Industrial Infrastructure Corporation (TSIIC) was working with architects towards designing the bridge.
"We are planning to create a cycling track in association with HMDA that will enable to host international cycling events," Rama Rao added.
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Sensex cracks below 26,000-mark, tanks 461 points
- Ranbir Kapoor's superhero dreams shattered?
- Make PM Narendra Modi's educational qualification public; people want to know truth: Arvind Kejriwal
- PM Narendra Modi takes his place alongside other world leaders at Madame Tussauds
- Indra Nooyi, Satya Nadella, Bhavesh Patel among highest paid CEOs in world