Hyderabad Habitat Centre, `hanging bridge` in offing
Hyderabad: The Telangana government is working towards setting up a Hyderabad Habitat Centre on the lines of the one in New Delhi and also a `hanging bridge` across Durgam Cheruvu lake here.
Speaking to reporters on the sidelines of `Happening Hyderabad campaign event, Telangana Information Technology Minister K Taraka Rama Rao said, "we are working on Hyderabad Habitat Centre, with an investment outlay of more than Rs 100 crore and a Theatre District will be part of it."
The minister was responding to a request by theatre personality Mohd Ali Baig, earlier during the event, who sought for a dedicated and devoted theatre space in the city on the lines of New Delhi, Bangalore and other cities.
The Hyderabad Metropolitan Development Authority (HMDA) had last year planned on setting up a Hyderabad Habitat Centre (HHC) on 11-acre site at Khanamet.
To a query, the minister said efforts will be made to make the proposed Hyderabad Habitat Centre better than Delhi`s Indian Habitat Centre.
"It will be probably better than Indian Habitat Centre," he said.
Referring to the `hanging bridge` project, Rama Rao said it is a wonderful concept which has been in the offing for quite some time but not yet taken off.
"We are thinking of building a `hanging bridge` across Durgam Cheruvu lake (in the upscale locality near Hitec city). It is going to be a beautiful landmark structure. It will be a unique and one-of-its kind in our city," Rama Rao said.
The minister further said the bridge is in the planning stages and the Telangana State Industrial Infrastructure Corporation (TSIIC) was working with architects towards designing the bridge.
"We are planning to create a cycling track in association with HMDA that will enable to host international cycling events," Rama Rao added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Bihar intermediate result 2015 (commerce) on biharboard.ac.in