Jilted lover attacks girl; attempts suicide
Hyderabad: A 19-year-old girl suffered bleeding injuries after her classmate allegedly stabbed her for spurning his love proposal and he later attempted suicide in Nizamabad district of Telangana, police said.
Accused S Reddy, attacked the girl with a knife, a second-year degree student at a private college, on the college premises in Kamareddy town of Nizamabad this afternoon, reportedly after an argument, they said.
Reddy, a native of Medak district had been making love proposals to the girl for the past six months, which she had been rejecting. Around 10 days ago, she again turned down his proposal, Kamareddy SHO D Krishna told PTI.
"Enraged over her refusal, Reddy argued with the girl today at the college premises and stabbed her 4-5 times with a knife. And later attempted suicide by stabbing himself in stomach," the SHO said, adding, both of them were admitted to different hospitals and their condition was stated critical.
Devanpally Police booked a case under sections 307 (attempt to murder) and 309 (attempt to commit suicide) of IPC against Reddy and further investigation was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi