KCR asks officials to work out plan to tackle power shortage in Telangana
Hyderabad: Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao today asked the officials of energy department to draw up short term and long term plans to overcome the power deficiency in the state.
"The Chief Minister reviewed the power situation in the state against the background of power crisis due to the intentional mischief created by Andhra Pradesh Genco," a release from the Chief Minister`s office said.
Rao has asked the officials to enquire about the availability of power in other states for sale to Telangana along with costs and work out a plan in this regard, it said.
The release quoted him as saying that if required, he would personally talk to the Chief Ministers of the concerned states like Karnataka.
"He mentioned that the present crisis is of two types, one created by Andhra Pradesh and the other due to drought," it said.
As a short term measure, the Chief Minister has asked the officials to work out a plan of action to overcome the crisis by purchasing power from available sources, including that of private.
He also indicated to have a tie-up with states like Chhattisgarh that have rich coal reserves. The Chief Minister is likely to visit Chhattisgarh in a couple of days to personally talk to his counterpart Raman Singh and explore the possibilities of purchasing power from them, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?