KCR wants pending Rail projects in Telangana fast-tracked
Hyderabad: Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao today sought expeditious completion of pending Railway projects and modernisation of train stations in the newly formed state.
Rao discussed the issue of pending projects and the status of ongoing work in Telangana with South Central Railway General Manager P K Srivastava here.
The CM recalled his Government has already written to the Prime Minister about the pending rail projects, problems and proposals related to Telangana, according to a release from the Chief Minister`s Office (CMO).
Rao sought a speedy response on setting up Manoharabad Kothapalli and Peddapalli Nizamabad rail lines.
Noting that the State has requested the Centre to make Kazipet junction a Railway division headquarter, he demanded that wagon factory works be started in Kazipet, Warangal district.
According to the release, Rao wants further development of the Railway transport system in Hyderabad and complete modernisation of Secunderabad station.
The State Government is ready to take all necessary steps for improving the Multi-Modal Transport System (MMTS) in the capital-city, the Chief Minister asserted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: Mulayam sacks Ram Gopal Yadav from party for six years; Shivpal says he is corrupt, involved with BJP
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chasing 286-run target, India lose Rahane and Rohit early