KCR wants pending Rail projects in Telangana fast-tracked
Hyderabad: Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao today sought expeditious completion of pending Railway projects and modernisation of train stations in the newly formed state.
Rao discussed the issue of pending projects and the status of ongoing work in Telangana with South Central Railway General Manager P K Srivastava here.
The CM recalled his Government has already written to the Prime Minister about the pending rail projects, problems and proposals related to Telangana, according to a release from the Chief Minister`s Office (CMO).
Rao sought a speedy response on setting up Manoharabad Kothapalli and Peddapalli Nizamabad rail lines.
Noting that the State has requested the Centre to make Kazipet junction a Railway division headquarter, he demanded that wagon factory works be started in Kazipet, Warangal district.
According to the release, Rao wants further development of the Railway transport system in Hyderabad and complete modernisation of Secunderabad station.
The State Government is ready to take all necessary steps for improving the Multi-Modal Transport System (MMTS) in the capital-city, the Chief Minister asserted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- BSNL waives installation charges on new landline connections
- Xiaomi Mi 5 gets a huge price cut; know the new rate here
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin poses as journalist during Carlos Brathwaite's press conference
- Rio Olympics fallout: Sports Ministry sets up inquiry to probe apathy in OP Jaisha's case
- SHOCKING! 1,012 rapes in UP in last 5 months, says govt