My statement on Sania Mirza has been misunderstood: BJP leader K Laxman
New Delhi: Telangana BJP leader K Laxman on Thursday said that he has got no problem with Sania marrying anybody. His earlier statements were misunderstood.
Laxman told ANI exclusively, "Telangana after getting a majority, which was a mandate given by the Telangana people to govern all sections of people in Telangana. Our chief minister has promised to reconstruct Telangana into a new and old Telangana. I also appeal to forget politics and let us confine it to the elections."
"So, right from the day one this TRS party after coming closer to the MIM, keeping in mind the in swing Municipal Corporation elections of Hyderabad, this government has started appeasing a section of people to garner the votes, which this party does not have proper place in Hyderabad," he added.
Clearing his views on Telangana Government`s decision he said, "Day in and out the government is speaking of 12per cent communal reservations which constitution does not permit. The recent statement by our Chief Minister and the Parliament member K Kavitha on appointment of Sania Mirza as Telangana brand ambassador, and the government has also been saying even for the Telangana poor students, to get back their fee reimbursement the CM wants pre 1956 documents as an evidence to be treated as a local/native.
But when it comes to the question of declaring Sania Mirza as brand ambassador they did not take her nativity into consideration. I was just narrating about her birth place and parents shifting to Hyderabad. I don`t have any objection in her getting married to anybody. It`s her personal life.
Also it`s there in the headlines of national newspapers that she had shown disrespect to the National Flag during the Olympic Games. That too, not once but twice. There have also been cases where she disrespected the National Flag in Madurai and Bhopal games. With all this, what made the government to announce her as the brand ambassador?
She has brought laurels to the country. But there are other players in the Telangana and Hyderabad state as well. So, my question is why were they not taken into consideration? That is what I was mentioning earlier. But the media is trying to take up the issue of only her marriage," he added.
Earlier today, Laxman called Sania Mirza the daughter-in-law of Pakistan while questioning the Telangana Government of her appointment as the state`s brand ambassador.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble