Naval Selection Board inaugurated in Visakhapatnam
Visakhapatnam: Chief of Staff, Eastern Naval Command Vice Admiral Bimal Verma today inaugurated a Naval Selection Board (NSB) for the induction of trainees into the officer cadre of the Indian Navy.
This is the fourth NSB of the Navy, with other three boards operational at Coimbatore, Bangalore and Bhopal, an official release said here today.
The NSB here is located in Navshakti Nagar.
"The board is expected to mitigate the shortfall in induction of officers into the force, and also motivate more youth to join the naval force," the release added.
The board is presided over by Commodore A S Baghel, a senior assessor with over four years of experience as the President of the NSB at Coimbatore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say