President to undertake first visit to Telangana
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee will undertake his first visit to Telangana on Saturday where he will attend the 12th Convocation of NALSAR University of Law at Shameerpet.
It will be Mukherjee`s first visit to Telangana after it was founded on June 2. The visit to Shameerpet will be in the second leg of the two-day visit to West Bengal and Telangana.
A statement from Rashtrapati Bhavan said Mukherjee will inaugurate the new building of Ghani Khan Choudhury Institute of Engineering and Technology at Narayanpur, Malda.
"He will also inaugurate the International Conference on Natural Fibres organized by the National Institute of Research on Jute and Allied Fibre Technology at Kolkata on the same day," it said.
The statement said on August 2, Mukherjee will address the Annual General Meeting of Indian Chamber of Commerce at Kolkata and will also attend the 12th Convocation of NALSAR University of Law at Shameerpet, Telangana before returning to New Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore