Rahul Gandhi condoles death of school children
New Delhi: Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi on Thursday expressed his condolences to the families of the 19 school children who were killed when a train rammed into their school bus at an unmanned level crossing in Telangana.
"My deepest condolences to the families of those who lost children in the terrible accident in Medak," Gandhi said in a statement.
He also appealed for making road and rail safety a "priority".
"We must make rail and road safety a priority to ensure that such accidents do not take place and innocent lives are not lost," Gandhi said.
At least 19 students were killed and some 20 other children injured when the bus of a private school was rammed by a train at Masayipet, about 70 km from Hyderabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’