Six arrested for kidnapping, selling babies in Telangana
Hyderabad: Six persons including four women were on Friday arrested for allegedly abducting baby boys and selling them in Nalgonda district of Telangana, police said.
M Mallaiah, M Raju (stone cutter) besides four women-- K Rangamma (Tea vendor) P Yadamma, K Pochamma, M Buchamma (all labourers) had formed a gang and started kidnapping baby boys aged between 1-4 years and sold them to those not having children for amount ranging from Rs 7,000 to Rs One lakh, Nalgonda Superintendent of Police T Prabhakar Rao said.
"They confessed of kidnapping and selling seven children from different parts of Cyberabad Police Commissionerate and Vijayawada city between November last year and June 18," the SP said adding all the children were sold at Alair and Yadagirgutta areas of Nalgonda district.
Out of the seven babies five were identified and handed over to their parents while the buyers were being questioned. Further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?