Six arrested for kidnapping, selling babies in Telangana
Hyderabad: Six persons including four women were on Friday arrested for allegedly abducting baby boys and selling them in Nalgonda district of Telangana, police said.
M Mallaiah, M Raju (stone cutter) besides four women-- K Rangamma (Tea vendor) P Yadamma, K Pochamma, M Buchamma (all labourers) had formed a gang and started kidnapping baby boys aged between 1-4 years and sold them to those not having children for amount ranging from Rs 7,000 to Rs One lakh, Nalgonda Superintendent of Police T Prabhakar Rao said.
"They confessed of kidnapping and selling seven children from different parts of Cyberabad Police Commissionerate and Vijayawada city between November last year and June 18," the SP said adding all the children were sold at Alair and Yadagirgutta areas of Nalgonda district.
Out of the seven babies five were identified and handed over to their parents while the buyers were being questioned. Further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says