Telangana CM announces Rs 5 lakh ex-gratia for accident victims
Hyderabad: Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao announced a Rs five lakh ex-gratia each to the families of those killed in Masayipet bus-train accident in Medak district on Thursday, and ordered an inquiry.
He also said the entire medical expenditure of the injured students would be borne by the state government.
Rao said he was "highly upset" by the accident and expressed deep shock and offered condolences to the families of the children.
The Chief Minister conveyed his displeasure and anger over the accident to South Central Railway General Manager P K Srivastava.
Srivastava assured the Chief Minister that gates would be arranged at all level crossings within a week`s time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley