Telangana CM announces Rs 5 lakh ex-gratia for accident victims
Hyderabad: Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao announced a Rs five lakh ex-gratia each to the families of those killed in Masayipet bus-train accident in Medak district on Thursday, and ordered an inquiry.
He also said the entire medical expenditure of the injured students would be borne by the state government.
Rao said he was "highly upset" by the accident and expressed deep shock and offered condolences to the families of the children.
The Chief Minister conveyed his displeasure and anger over the accident to South Central Railway General Manager P K Srivastava.
Srivastava assured the Chief Minister that gates would be arranged at all level crossings within a week`s time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu