Telangana CM going to Singapore for IIM alumni meet today
Zee Media Bureau
Hyderabad: Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao will on Tuesday leave for Singapore to attend the conference of Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Alumni Association.
Accompanied by Finance Minister Etela Rajender and senior officials, the CM will meet Singapore Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong and other dignitaries, who are also scheduled to attend the conference.
The delegation will return to Hyderabad on August 24, officials said.
The association extended an invitation to Rao to attend its conference scheduled August 22-23.
The association has invited him to speak on the investment opportunities in Telangana and the proposed industrial policy. The alumni association assured that it would arrange facilitate a meeting with CEOs of various firms.
This will be the first foreign tour by Rao since he took over as the first chief minister of Telangana on June 02.
KCR, as Rao is popularly known, claimed that he is the first chief minister of any Indian state to be invited to the meet. "I will use the occasion to market Telangana internationally," he said.
Officials said the CM would study the Singapore`s industrial policy as he is formulating Telangana`s industrial policy on similar lines. He is also likely to hold talks with the Singapore government.
KCR will explain the features of his proposed industrial policy and will invite investments into Telangana.
(With IANS inputs)
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today