Telangana CM going to Singapore for IIM alumni meet today
Zee Media Bureau
Hyderabad: Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao will on Tuesday leave for Singapore to attend the conference of Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Alumni Association.
Accompanied by Finance Minister Etela Rajender and senior officials, the CM will meet Singapore Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong and other dignitaries, who are also scheduled to attend the conference.
The delegation will return to Hyderabad on August 24, officials said.
The association extended an invitation to Rao to attend its conference scheduled August 22-23.
The association has invited him to speak on the investment opportunities in Telangana and the proposed industrial policy. The alumni association assured that it would arrange facilitate a meeting with CEOs of various firms.
This will be the first foreign tour by Rao since he took over as the first chief minister of Telangana on June 02.
KCR, as Rao is popularly known, claimed that he is the first chief minister of any Indian state to be invited to the meet. "I will use the occasion to market Telangana internationally," he said.
Officials said the CM would study the Singapore`s industrial policy as he is formulating Telangana`s industrial policy on similar lines. He is also likely to hold talks with the Singapore government.
KCR will explain the features of his proposed industrial policy and will invite investments into Telangana.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why