Telangana train-bus collision: `Dead` boy comes alive on birthday
Hyderabad: It is like "rebirth" for six-year-old Darshan Goud, who was mistakenly believed to have been killed in the terrible train-school bus collision at an unmanned railway crossing that left 16 persons, including 14 children, dead in Telangana`s Medak district.
In a case of mistaken identity, the boy`s father, Swmay Goud, was handed over a "body" as his son Thursday, and the sorrowful parents performed last rites subsequently.
As Darshan gained consciousness today in a hospital here, where he was rushed after the mishap, he revealed his father`s name. The grieving parents were informed that their son is still undergoing treatment at a private hospital.
After reaching the hospital today, Swamy Goud was greeted by his son whose birthday falls today, said Telangana Irrigation Minister T Harish Rao, while clarifying that there was "some confusion" in handing over the body.
"Under confusion, a parent (Swamy Goud) took away body of another child thinking that it was his son. Swamy Goud (father of Darshan Goud) could not make out his son`s body and took another instead. The mistake has been rectified now. Swamy Goud, who was in a state of shock yesterday, after signing the papers took away the body of one Dattu who had actually died in the mishap," the minister told reporters.
Both Dattu and his elder sister had died in the accident and their father Veera Babu took away the body of his daughter, presuming that his son was alive and was being treated in a hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone