Telangana urges media not to use `T` for state
Hyderabad: The Telangana government has urged the media not to use `T` as an abbreviation for the state and advised it to use either the complete word or TS.
In a letter to editors of all TV channels and newspapers, Telangana Chief Secretary Rajiv Sharma requested them not to use `T`.
"This new state is often quoted in the media with an abbreviated prefix `T`, such as T-Govt., T-State, T-CM etc. In fact, the new state is formally mentioned as `State of Telangana` or `Telangana State` in the AP Reorganization Act.
"You may kindly recall that the new vehicle numbering scheme also bears `TS` as the abbreviation for Telangana State," he said.
Many newspapers published from Hyderabad have been using `T` for Telangana for many years, often to make the headlines spicy.
During the movement for separate statehood, leading newspapers often used `T` to describe Telangana. Some of the headlines read `T is on boil`, `Storm in T`, `T all set to be served in parliament` and `T is now a reality`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city