Telangana urges media not to use `T` for state
Hyderabad: The Telangana government has urged the media not to use `T` as an abbreviation for the state and advised it to use either the complete word or TS.
In a letter to editors of all TV channels and newspapers, Telangana Chief Secretary Rajiv Sharma requested them not to use `T`.
"This new state is often quoted in the media with an abbreviated prefix `T`, such as T-Govt., T-State, T-CM etc. In fact, the new state is formally mentioned as `State of Telangana` or `Telangana State` in the AP Reorganization Act.
"You may kindly recall that the new vehicle numbering scheme also bears `TS` as the abbreviation for Telangana State," he said.
Many newspapers published from Hyderabad have been using `T` for Telangana for many years, often to make the headlines spicy.
During the movement for separate statehood, leading newspapers often used `T` to describe Telangana. Some of the headlines read `T is on boil`, `Storm in T`, `T all set to be served in parliament` and `T is now a reality`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH