Youth held for posting morphed obscene photos of teenage girl
Hyderabad: A 20-year-old youth allegedly posted morphed obscene photos of a teenage girl on a social networking site after his proposed marriage with her was called off by her family members over some dispute.
The accused, identified as B Sunil Reddy, was arrested last evening, police said.
Reddy`s marriage was fixed with the girl, a Inter second year student (aged around 17), in Bhiknoor mandal of Nizamabad district and he posted the photo after the girl`s family refused to marry her with him over a dispute, Kamareddy Rural Circle Inspector Subashchandra Bose said.
Reddy collected some photos from the girl`s album, morphed them with obscene photos and uploaded them on the website, he said.
"The victim`s father and her friends noticed this on the website and lodged a complaint with police who booked a case under relevant sections of Nirbhaya Act and IT Act against Reddy and arrested him last evening," Bose said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part III
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- MK Stalin elected DMK Legislature Party Leader; set to become LOP
- Outsiders should respect regional order in South China Sea: Beijing
- Japan, Canada share "serious concerns" on South China Sea: Shinzo Abe
- Twitter modifies 140-character limit, gives a bit more space to tweet!
- Tech Mahindra becomes 3rd entity to quit payments bank plan; cites margin concerns