Miami: Rafael Nadal’s semi-final defeat to Andy Roddick at the Miami Masters on Friday marked the Spaniard’s 13th tournament without a trophy, but Nadal insisted he’s on the verge of ending the skid.
“I am playing well,” said Nadal, who also exited in the semi-finals at Indian Wells, the first Masters 1000 event of the season in California. “I had very good matches in these two tournaments.
“If you are there, you’re going to have your day. You’re going to win one day.”
Indian Wells earlier this month was Nadal’s first tournament since a knee injury brought his Australian Open campaign to a premature end.
His inability to defend his title in the California desert saw him fall from third to fourth in the world rankings, but he’ll regain the number three spot next week.
And next up is Monte Carlo - where the clay courts are a bit easier on his troublesome knees and where he will be seeking an historic sixth consecutive title.
“I’m very happy how I am doing,” said Nadal, who is without a title since the Rome Masters in May last year.
“Today was a loss, but my motivation is full. I told you before the tournament, and I will tell you another time right now, I am ready to do everything.”
“I think I am ready to play my best. I’m just going to try my best in Monte Carlo now.”
First Published: Saturday, April 03, 2010, 10:52