130 tourists stranded in Lakshadweep
Kochi: About 130 domestic tourists, including 26 children, are stranded at Kalpeni island in Lakshwadeep after locals prevented them from boarding a boat to reach
their passenger vessel following an altercation with port authorities over some issue.
The tourists had come to Kalpeni from Kavaretti island
this morning. They were to go back this evening after a day-
long visit to Kalpeni but were not allowed by the locals to
board the boat at the harbour, one of the tourists Kiran Vyas
The locals were miffed with the port authorities over
some issue, tourists said.
Vyas, who hails from Gandhinagar in Gujarat, said he had
come to Lakshwadeep with his family. After sightseeing at
Kalpeni, they were to return by 5.30 pm to Kavaretti, he said.
Another tourist Minal Dave, also from Gujarat, said he
had paid Rs 20,000 per person for a five-day package.
There was no accommodation at Kalpeni and they were
stranded in a tourist hut which does not have rooms, she said.
"We have no permission for night stay," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi