‘16.19 pc budget allocated for welfare of SCs’
Puducherry: Puducherry Government was keen to ensure faster socio economic development of Scheduled Castes, Chief Minister N Rangasamy said Saturday.
It has earmarked 16.19 per cent of total budget allocations for 2012-13 for the promotion of welfare of the SC people, he said inaugurating a one-day meeting of state-level committee for the welfare of Scheduled Caste (of which he is the Chairman).
He said no step would be spared to ameliorate the lot of the living conditions of the downtrodden and also to meet their housing requirements.
Welfare Minister P Rajavelu, who is the Vice-Chairman of the committee, said Rs 18 crores would be disbursed in the next few days to students of the SC community under educational assistance scheme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- OROP implementation after Bihar poll, says Manohar Parrikar
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men