3-member gang held, Rs 12 lakh jewellery seized
Puducherry: A Chennai based three member gang has been arrested and 60 sovereigns of gold jewellery worth about Rs 12 lakh allegedly stolen by them a month ago recovered from them.
Police also seized a car, a mobile phone and a laptop from them.
The trio was arrested last night after they were found moving around in a suspicious manner in an area which is the hub of the jewellery business in the city. A search revealed they were carrying the jewellery.
Superintendent of Police S.Ramraj told reporters here today that their Tamil nadu counterparts have been informed of the arrest of the trio and also seizure of the jewels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- DNA: Heroes of surgical strike receives gallantry award
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested