500 tourists evacuated from Havelock island
Port Blair: Nearly 500 tourists, stranded
on Havelock Island, have been evacuated to Port Blair on Wednesday
after Cyclone Thane passed over Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
Sources in the Andaman and Nicobar Administration said
that the tourists were evacuated from Havelock Island in
vessels, private catamaran and Pawan Hans helicopter services.
The government has started the rescue and relief
operations at the cyclone-hit islands.
The government has been arranging for the departure of
the stranded tourists to their homes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many Christians, Hindus to Islam?
- REVEALED: How Virat Kohli motivated team on the field - Here's what stump mic picked up
- Katrina Kaif in her little 'Twilight' zone with Robert Pattinson! Pic inside
- Chinese demolitions at Buddhist institute draw fire
- Narsingh Yadav missing Rio Olympics will mean India losing a medal: WFI President