500 tourists evacuated from Havelock island
Port Blair: Nearly 500 tourists, stranded
on Havelock Island, have been evacuated to Port Blair on Wednesday
after Cyclone Thane passed over Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
Sources in the Andaman and Nicobar Administration said
that the tourists were evacuated from Havelock Island in
vessels, private catamaran and Pawan Hans helicopter services.
The government has started the rescue and relief
operations at the cyclone-hit islands.
The government has been arranging for the departure of
the stranded tourists to their homes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read