500 tourists evacuated from Havelock island
Port Blair: Nearly 500 tourists, stranded
on Havelock Island, have been evacuated to Port Blair on Wednesday
after Cyclone Thane passed over Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
Sources in the Andaman and Nicobar Administration said
that the tourists were evacuated from Havelock Island in
vessels, private catamaran and Pawan Hans helicopter services.
The government has started the rescue and relief
operations at the cyclone-hit islands.
The government has been arranging for the departure of
the stranded tourists to their homes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened