500 tourists evacuated from Havelock island
Port Blair: Nearly 500 tourists, stranded
on Havelock Island, have been evacuated to Port Blair on Wednesday
after Cyclone Thane passed over Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
Sources in the Andaman and Nicobar Administration said
that the tourists were evacuated from Havelock Island in
vessels, private catamaran and Pawan Hans helicopter services.
The government has started the rescue and relief
operations at the cyclone-hit islands.
The government has been arranging for the departure of
the stranded tourists to their homes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Battles in Libya's Sirte kill 34 fighters, injure over 180
- US gives proof of Pakistan's hand in Pathankot strike
- 3rd ODI: After contributing with bat, Ben Stokes eager to bowl against Pakistan
- Foreigners should not wear skirts and roam alone at night: Tourism minister
- Mom-to-be Kareena Kapoor Khan spills glamour at Lakme Fashion Week 2016! – View pics