500 tourists evacuated from Havelock island
Port Blair: Nearly 500 tourists, stranded
on Havelock Island, have been evacuated to Port Blair on Wednesday
after Cyclone Thane passed over Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
Sources in the Andaman and Nicobar Administration said
that the tourists were evacuated from Havelock Island in
vessels, private catamaran and Pawan Hans helicopter services.
The government has started the rescue and relief
operations at the cyclone-hit islands.
The government has been arranging for the departure of
the stranded tourists to their homes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack