85,000 PAY beneficiaries registered in Haryana
Chandigarh: The Haryana government has identified and registered 85,000 beneficiaries of Priyadarshini Awaas Yojana (PAY), a scheme under which they will get financial aid of Rs 81,000 to construct houses.
The first instalment of funds has been released to over 30,000 beneficiaries, an official spokesman said here today.
Under the scheme, each of the beneficiary would be given the financial assistance in three instalments of Rs 25,000, Rs 35,000 and Rs 21,000 by the Haryana Rural Development Authority, he said.
A total of two lakh houses will be constructed in rural areas under the scheme.
In addition to this amount, financial assistance of Rs 9,100 would be provided to each of the beneficiaries for construction of sanitary latrine in convergence with `Nirmal Bharat Abhiyaan`, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know