Aadhaar coverage in Chandigarh above 95 per cent: UT official
Chandigarh: Chandigarh has achieved enrolment of 95 per cent of its population for the Aadhaar scheme and clocked the highest number of direct cash transfers to beneficiaries through use of the unique identity card, officials here said On Thursday.
Out of 43 pilot districts in India, Chandigarh has recorded highest number of transactions under the Centre`s Direct Benefit Transfer scheme with an amount of Rs 3 crore distributed amongst around 17,000 beneficiaries, UT adviser KK Sharma said in a release here.
These include funds from both the central government and the UT administration, the release added.
IT secretary Prerna Puri, meanwhile, said that a sum of Rs 4.62 crore has been approved for integrating Aadhaar with schemes under the three departments of Social Welfare, Education and Chandigarh Housing Board.
She also stated that with a view to utilising the demographic data collected as part of the Aadhaar scheme, a data hub would be set up in Chandigarh to enable various departments to verify and tally the records.
In due course, the schemes of the departments of Food and Civil Supplies, Registering and Licensing Authority and Property Registration, too, would be integrated with Aadhaar, she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi