Abandoned suitcase causes scare in Pondy
Puducherry: A red-coloured round object was found inside an abandoned suitcase in an unreserved compartment of the Dadar-Puducherry Chalukya Express here today sending security personnel into a tizzy.
The bomb disposal squad retrieved the object and an examination confirmed that there was no explosive barring some iron pieces with some adhesive like substance inside a small container made of tin sheet, Superintendent of Police S. Ramaraju told reporters here.
The object, similar to a ball, was connected to a mobile phone, he said.
The official said there was an hand written slogan inside the suitcase which read `Mayan Calendar`, adding, it was only a hoax to cause scare.
The suitcase was found by a station employee while cleaning the compartment of the train.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi