After war of words, Pondy`s Lt Guv, CM pose for photos
Puducherry: After a war of words with Chief Minister N Rangasamy in the last few months, Lt Governor Virendra Kataria on Sunday posed for a photo with him at the `At Home` function on 65th Republic Day celebrations here.
"We are all friends and we are together. Through camaraderie we can ensure prosperity and development of Puducherry and of this great nation," Kataria said.
Asked to elaborate on his comment, he told PTI: "I cannot make any further comments."
The Lt Governor stood with Rangasamy on one side, leader of the opposition V Vaithilingam and PCC leader A V Subramanian on the other at the function at Raj Nivas.
Kataria and Rangasamy were at war of words on more than one occasion in the last few months on various issues.
Kataria was seen earlier having an informal chat with Rangasamy at the reception.
A few minutes later he also asked Minister of State in the PMO, V Narayanasamy, to join and posed for a photo with the Minister.
Speaker V Sabapathy, Ministers, legislators, officials, French Consul General in Puducherry Philippe Janvier Kamiyama and representatives of various political parties were among those who attended the reception.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah