AIADMK charges govt with `failure to maintain law and order`
Puducherry: Opposition AIADMK has urged the Centre to intervene immediately and issue instructions to the Rangasamy led Puducherry government to take steps to maintain law and order in the Union Territory.
Talking to reporters here today, secretary of Puducherry unit of the party A Anbalagan, MLA, alleged taht the government had failed to take steps to protect law and order. Incidents of murders, activities of anti social elements extorting money from business community, robberies and other crimes have been taking place without any effective measure by the police to prevent them, he said.
The Chief Minister Rangasamy should convene every month meetings with the police officers and review the law and order situation, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?