AIADMK charges govt with `failure to maintain law and order`
Puducherry: Opposition AIADMK has urged the Centre to intervene immediately and issue instructions to the Rangasamy led Puducherry government to take steps to maintain law and order in the Union Territory.
Talking to reporters here today, secretary of Puducherry unit of the party A Anbalagan, MLA, alleged taht the government had failed to take steps to protect law and order. Incidents of murders, activities of anti social elements extorting money from business community, robberies and other crimes have been taking place without any effective measure by the police to prevent them, he said.
The Chief Minister Rangasamy should convene every month meetings with the police officers and review the law and order situation, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof