AINRC announces `unanimous support` to Mukherjee
Puducherry: Puducherry Chief Minister N Rangasamy on Sunday formally announced the `unanimous decision` of his party the AINRC, a breakaway faction of the Congress, to support the UPA Presidential nominee Pranab Mukherjee.
Pranab Mukherjee is a `most capable and efficient leader` and had discharged his duties over the years in the service of the nation, Rangasamy told a press conference here.
Describing Mukherjee as the right choice, Rangasamy said the AINRC government in Puducherry and the AINRC party as a whole supported his candidature.
Replying to a question whether the support of AINRC to the Congress-led UPA candidate, would be a prelude to very important political developments in the future, he said "if it is a future development, let us wait for the future."
He said he had always had high respect for AICC leader Sonia Gandhi.
Rangasamy said Mukherjee had already contacted him over phone a few days ago and he had responded positively to his plea for support to his candidature.
AINRC has a strength of 15 members in the 30-member territorial assembly and enjoys the support of the lone Independent member VMC Sivakumar from outside.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India