AINRC announces `unanimous support` to Mukherjee
Puducherry: Puducherry Chief Minister N Rangasamy on Sunday formally announced the `unanimous decision` of his party the AINRC, a breakaway faction of the Congress, to support the UPA Presidential nominee Pranab Mukherjee.
Pranab Mukherjee is a `most capable and efficient leader` and had discharged his duties over the years in the service of the nation, Rangasamy told a press conference here.
Describing Mukherjee as the right choice, Rangasamy said the AINRC government in Puducherry and the AINRC party as a whole supported his candidature.
Replying to a question whether the support of AINRC to the Congress-led UPA candidate, would be a prelude to very important political developments in the future, he said "if it is a future development, let us wait for the future."
He said he had always had high respect for AICC leader Sonia Gandhi.
Rangasamy said Mukherjee had already contacted him over phone a few days ago and he had responded positively to his plea for support to his candidature.
AINRC has a strength of 15 members in the 30-member territorial assembly and enjoys the support of the lone Independent member VMC Sivakumar from outside.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP workers abusing Dayashankar's wife, daughter: BJP
- Kabali movie review: Rajinikanth is the driving force in this otherwise trite tale!
- AN-32 aircraft with 29 aboard missing; Indian Air Force intensifies search operation
- Milo Yiannopoulos Twitter ban: WikiLeaks threatens to start its own micro-blogging service
- Critically rare white African lion cub born in Texas zoo- See pic!