AINRC announces `unanimous support` to Mukherjee
Puducherry: Puducherry Chief Minister N Rangasamy on Sunday formally announced the `unanimous decision` of his party the AINRC, a breakaway faction of the Congress, to support the UPA Presidential nominee Pranab Mukherjee.
Pranab Mukherjee is a `most capable and efficient leader` and had discharged his duties over the years in the service of the nation, Rangasamy told a press conference here.
Describing Mukherjee as the right choice, Rangasamy said the AINRC government in Puducherry and the AINRC party as a whole supported his candidature.
Replying to a question whether the support of AINRC to the Congress-led UPA candidate, would be a prelude to very important political developments in the future, he said "if it is a future development, let us wait for the future."
He said he had always had high respect for AICC leader Sonia Gandhi.
Rangasamy said Mukherjee had already contacted him over phone a few days ago and he had responded positively to his plea for support to his candidature.
AINRC has a strength of 15 members in the 30-member territorial assembly and enjoys the support of the lone Independent member VMC Sivakumar from outside.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad