AINRC announces `unanimous support` to Pranab
Puducherry: Puducherry Chief Minister N Rangasamy today formally announced the "unanimous decision" of his party, AINRC - a breakaway faction of the Congress, to support UPA Presidential nominee Pranab Mukherjee.
Mukherjee is the "most capable and efficient leader" and has discharged his duties over the years in service of the the nation, Rangasamy told a press conference here.
Describing Mukherjee as the right choice, he said the AINRC government in Puducherry and the AINRC party as a whole supported his candidature.
He said he always had high respect for AICC leader Sonia Gandhi.
Rangasamy said Mukherjee had already contacted him over phone a few days ago and he had responded positively to his request for support.
The AINRC has a strength of 15 members in the 30-member territorial Assembly and enjoys the outside support of lone Independent member V M C Sivakumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III