AINRC announces `unanimous support` to Pranab
Puducherry: Puducherry Chief Minister N Rangasamy today formally announced the "unanimous decision" of his party, AINRC - a breakaway faction of the Congress, to support UPA Presidential nominee Pranab Mukherjee.
Mukherjee is the "most capable and efficient leader" and has discharged his duties over the years in service of the the nation, Rangasamy told a press conference here.
Describing Mukherjee as the right choice, he said the AINRC government in Puducherry and the AINRC party as a whole supported his candidature.
He said he always had high respect for AICC leader Sonia Gandhi.
Rangasamy said Mukherjee had already contacted him over phone a few days ago and he had responded positively to his request for support.
The AINRC has a strength of 15 members in the 30-member territorial Assembly and enjoys the outside support of lone Independent member V M C Sivakumar.
- Death toll from collapsed building in Kenya rises to 22
- Assembly polls 2016: Arch political rivals PM Narendra Modi, Sonia Gandhi soon to hit Kerala
- Several radical mosques under surveillance: German intelligence head
- NEET exemption row: Supreme Court to hear fresh plea regarding MBBS, BDS entrance test today
- Prisoners revolt in Syria's Hama jail, seize guards - Syrian Observatory